Warrensburg Animal Rescue is currently looking for two qualified individuals to fill the positions of Animal Care Assistant at our Old Drum Animal Shelter facility.
Salary: $10.30 per hour.
– Please read the job description carefully prior to applying.
– Given the intricacies of this work, you must be 18 and older to be considered.
As an ACA you will be an integral member of the shelter team. Responsibilities will include assisting the Animal Care Coordinators and Shelter Director. Your job will include handling and caring for animals of all sizes and temperaments, cleaning the facility, providing excellent customer service to the public and completing the adoption process when requested by the Shelter Director. You will be required to adhere to all processes and safety protocols set forth by the organization. Attention to detail and the ability to work fast and the ability to switch task quickly when needed is preferred. This job is very physical and you must be able to complete the assigned task. You may be requested to be on call at various times throughout your employment.
– Cleaning the facility as well as the grounds.
– Maintains a working knowledge of the shelter and the animals
– Monitors the health of each animal and reports and/or documents any issues as soon as they arise.
– Provide clean water, food to every animal and medications when assigned.
– Provide exercise for the animals.
– Ensure all cages and animals are secure at all times.
– Interacts with the public and completes the adoptions process when needed.
– Fill in work for full-time employees who are off as assigned by the Shelter Director.
– Other duties as assigned.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Must be able to have a flexible schedule when needed.
– Two or more years of animal experience with knowledge of animal behavior. This does not include pet ownership; it must be a job or volunteer capacity.
– Ability to work with the public in person or on the phone.
– Ability to complete basic math functions including common fractions and decimals.
– Ability to follow instructions written and verbal.
– Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a one on one and small group situation to customers, clients and other shelter employees.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure material.
– Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
– Ability to reliably and predictably carry out duties.
– Reliable transportation
– Ability to learn about disease prevention and control, various vaccines and medications and how to use them, how to maintain a safe and healthy shelter environment.
– Basic computer skills
This position is physically demanding. The physical requirements listed below must be met for you to successfully perform essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
– Physical agility: Ability to maneuver body while in place.
– Strength to handle 80lbs objects or animals when needed.
– Physical mobility/ Movement from place to place on the job, considering distance and speed.
– Physical strength to handle work related materials and tools.
– Dexterity of hands and fingers.
– Physical balance: the ability to maintain balance and physical control.
– Coordination including eye/hand, hand/foot etc.
While performing the duties of this position, you will be exposed to conditions such as moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. Extreme weather conditions. You may also be exposed to dangerous animal situations. The noise level at the facility is loud. This position may be called out at any time if needed and may require being on call, including holidays or weekends.
– Accessibility of all work sites required. Reliable transportation and less than 30 min. commute times are required.
– Exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
– Exposure to chemicals and fumes.
– Ability to have a flexible schedule required
– Exposure to dust.
– Exposure to loud noises.
– Exposure to heights.
– Exposure to darkness.
– Exposure to cramped spaces.
– On call
On site and occasional events
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.